MOVI 1.1 Firmware and Language Packs
Welcome to the MOVI Firmware 1.1 download page!
MOVI Kernel update 1.1 brings exciting new features, including:
- A much improved English speech synthesizer
- Multi-language support for the synthesizer, including Spanish and German.
- Better options to configure the speech synthesizers such as a whisper voice and faster talking.
- Capability of playing sound files from the SD-card.
- Better controls of the speech prompt to allow push-to-talk (with external button on the Arduino).
- Compatibility to import voxforge.org models, e.g. MOVI can recognize Spanish and German (and other languages in the future).
- Faster serial communication between MOVI and the mainboard (e.g. for Rasberry PI or Huzzah)
Download the updated user manual below and follow the instructions on page 22.
These new firmware version downloads come with absolutely no warranty. Feel free to ask questions via email and definitely provide us feedback about your experience. Also, make sure to check and report the latest issues on our GitHub issue tracker.
Please back up your MOVI SD card first before installing the firmware update. MOVI's SD-cards are board specific and replacing them requires you to send in your board!
MOVI™ Firmware 1.1 - (Released July 10th, 2016)
Follow the instructions from Chapter 5 (page 22 and following) in the user manual to install the MOVI 1.1 firmware update by placing this file as is on the MOVI Update partition of the sd card (partition #4). Use MOVI's library 1.10 or higher.
Warning: Only Linux or Mac OS mount the sd card correctly without additional software. Windows only recognizes one partition of an SD card. Follow the Windows instructions for updating MOVI™ in the latest manual.
MOVI™ User Manual 1.10 - February 20th, 2017
This user manual is updated to document the new functionality of the MOVI 1.1 firmware and the update process.